Monday, August 16, 2010

So Good to go Back!!!

On Thursday morning I left Maggie with Mum for her first longer-than-a-quick-duck-out-to-the-shops babysitting adventure, and headed out to the Temple for the first time since before Maggie was born! Last time I went was for a sealing just before she was born, and the time before that I nearly passed out from giant whale of a pregnant person-ness, therefore didn't go back for the last little bit until Maggie came.

I was a bit anxious not being 'on tap' for Maggie for a while, but I trust Mum with her completely so I was sure she'd be fine and have a great time while I was gone.

I rushed up to my session, and barely made it in time, but when I finally got in and sat down, it felt so wonderful being there!! I loved every bit of it. Sometimes it was hard to focus on the session because I kept thinking homemaking stuff, but I think I'm just not used to clearing my head because I haven't done it for a while. It was wonderfully peaceful though. At the end of my visit as I sat, I was thinking about how often I'd been to the Temple over the last almost three years, praying that we'd be able to have a baby, and then that the baby would be okay. I remember sitting in a sealing session once and feeling so close to the women in our family who have gone before us, and the girls yet to come, and knowing that someday I'd be able to have a daughter to carry on this line. I felt very grateful for the wonderful blessing Maggie is, and how grateful I am to be her mum!

When I got home Maggie was peacefully sleeping, after what sounds like a wonderful, fun few hours with her Gran. Thanks Mum for watching her and for being so 'you' that I know she'll always be okay and have a ball with you :) xo

4 comments:

Jess said...

It is wonderful that you got to go to the Temple. Being able to feel the spirit must have felt soooo good. I know, because I felt it even just being in the Temple grounds last night.

I haven't got the guts yet to leave Jordan. I tried expressing into a bottle, but he wouldn't take the bottle. Wouldn't close his mouth around it. I think I will try once I start him on food. That way our baby sitter can give him food if he is desperate.

Maybe we should go together sometime? Wonder how Grandma would go with 3 under 2 (bring back memories I am sure!!!)

Sandy M. said...

I loved being with Maggie for those couple of hours Abs - we really had fun together, so thank you so much for trusting me with your treasure for a little while! And I loved helping you get to the temple too :)

xoxo

Kaili Ittensohn said...

Oh this was a lovely post, Im glad you were able to go to the temple and have a few hours to yourself. I love your creative post too! The beach huts and sign look amazing!

About Me said...

Awww Abby - what a lovely post! Its so so wonderful to read others feelings about the things that are so special to you (me) as well! You are just fabulous and I'm so glad you got to make it to the temple - it truly is heaven on earth...I love it too!
Thanks so much for sharing - I really want to go now...xxx