Thursday, September 6, 2012

Me an (2 of) Ma Sistaz

Text FROM me TO Beth & Jessima before our little cousin's photoshoot for Fathers' Day:

"Hay ma sistaz!  Waz jst thnkn that i mait dress da gurlz in red, navy n white n we culd tri 2 cola coordin8 all our babiez 4 da pics! Do thoz colas wrk 4 u? (just getting my ganster on ;)) xo"

From Beth:
"Ye 4 realz.  All gud bra.  Wz goin pst target wen i got ur msg so got tha Hal somthin.  B sweet if it fits."

From Jessima:
"Sup ma sizzle!!  I aint gat doz colas!  But I canz tri 2.  Aight!"

:)

Was impressed by Beth's 'bra' lol!! :)  Jessima's was more impressive before she confessed that Jonny wrote it because she couldn't figure out how to sound like a 'gangster' lol!!! :)  James used to text me like this.  It took me a while to be able to read them ("is it upside down or something?!"), but he's since started using full words :)

I'm really glad (it's the grammar-crazy primary school teacher in me) that smart phones make it easier to use proper words than weird 'text' words with all their autotype settings.  Bring back punctuation!!! :)  (some of my year 6's used to put language like this in their assignments!!! - Eekurgh!!!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha that's awesome. I too love the autocorrect on smart phones :)

Unknown said...

oops I'm logged in as Darren! This is Stacey. lol.

Sandy M. said...

I feel so ashamed....





xoxo


sigh


xo :)

Tammy Lorna said...

Bahahahahaha! That's SOOO funny :)

.... I want a gangsta text message.... :)

xo