Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Couches!!!

Yes, the surprise is new couches! We were very blessed to be given couches when we got married. We were actually blessed to be given almost everything we needed when we got married! The couches have been very useful and we were grateful to have them, but now are super ecstatic to be replacing them!!!!

James found the old couches uncomfortable and I didn't like the look of them, so couches have been on the dream list for ages, but I really didn't think we'd be able to get them for at least another year.

Last Wednesday we decided to go 'dream couch shopping' for the future. We walked in and on the left was a set of perfectly good couches on a fabulous sale! James said "If I can talk them down another $100 can we get them?" and even though he only talked them down $99 we got them :)

We both really wanted leather couches (practical - kids), and I really wanted light coloured couches, because I'm so sick of the dark colour in here, and so I have an 'empty palette' onto which I can place cushions, throw rugs, whatever, to colour the room whichever colours I want, yay!!! So they're not flash or anything - I guess they're probably some of the most budget leather couches you can get, but I LOVE them so much!!!! And James likes them too :) (he's the one who really wanted to buy them on the spot :) Otherwise I would've been all careful and possibly regreted it later :)) Anyway, here they are! A 3 seater and a 2 seater. I obviously haven't decided on a colour scheme and got 'accessories' yet, but Maggie's little pink blanket and hippo are in the corner or the 3 seater at the time of photo!



And even though I don't usually put Maggie photos in this blog I couldn't resist her couch model pose - she crossed her legs herself lol. See how comfy she makes them look? :)

8 comments:

Just ME said...

Woohooo!!! It took us 7 long years to replace the hand-me-down couches we got given when we were married. So I know the feeling. They are beautiful and don't they just make your heart sing every time you walk into the room?!?!?

I hate unwanted advice so I give this with huge trepidation but I can't resist as I was the wife of a leather and vinyl doctor for 8.5yrs and have experienced the depression of a child drawing on my lounge...... please keep biros banned from within 5metres of your pristine white couch - biro will NOT come out unless you can get to it within seconds of application. Metho will take it off if you see the child do it straight away.... but wait any longer and it's there to stay (except to recolour over the top!)

Enjoy your new loungeroom!

Sandy M. said...

LOL!!!! That last photo of Maggie on the lounge is wonderful! She is such a little sweetie - she makes these look GOOD :)!
Abby, the couches look great! They really do. How exciting!!! :)

xoxo

Sandy M. said...

(I just sat here for another minute or so, laughing again at the cute picture of Maggie on the couch - I love it!! :)

xoxo

J said...

I must compliment you on your choice of couches Abby. Even more so because I believe we have purchased the same ones only a few months ago. LOL same colour same EVERYTHING. I'm glad you love them. Brent still cleans them every so often. WE love them too. And Maggie looks so adorable on them!!! The best model in town.

Maioha said...

They're beautiful!!!!

Beth and Robbie said...

Hahaha her pose is so adorable :P I love the crossed legs.

I'm so happy for you that you have your new couches!!! It must be a lovely lovely feeling :)

Jess said...

They look great Abby!

Can't wait to see them :)

Abby said...

Thanks everyone!! - So happy! :)

Thanks heaps B for the pen on couch advice!! It's good to give advice when you're an expert, and I'm giong to buy some metho, watch the kids like a hawk and basically lock up all the pens in the house. Leather was a practical choice, maybe just not 'ivory' leather, that was for my 'sick of a dark room' sanity..

J - I wondered when we got them if they were, but I'm glad they are cause I really like yours!! :)

I am still excited every time I walk in and see them there!! :)